Blogging tips

Sunday 19 October 2014

Wish it was Spring- Light blue capelet- Winter 14/15



Composition:
Capelet100% Angora

Measurements (inch):
CapeletL: 17.3     W: 18.9 / 8.1


Note: length with neck folded as in the picture. First W measurement is for the widest part and the second one for the neck part, both measured when garment is flat.

This one is narrower than the white one. I just wanted to experiment with different measurements and see how it fits. This blue capelet is perfect for wearing it on top of a stretchy and tight-fitting garment, to add a special touch to it.

Blue is one of my favourite colours, infinite tones, it combines with almost everything. Marine blue, royal blue, navy blue, cobalt blue, Klein blue, baby blue, aquamarine blue, turquoise, midnight blue, steel blue, cyan, sapphire blue... Ok, enough! 
Well, I've told you that I love blue colour, haven't I?



You know that I'm all thumbs when naming colours so to be on the safe side I've decided that this capelet is light blue.

Or maybe I should take a chance, considering that some of them have weird names:
  • Alice blue: are there any blue Alices in this world? I didn't know.
  • New blue: I'm not sure...If I have to choose between old and new, I prefer the young one (hahaha! Ok, that's a really bad joke).
  • Permanent blue: it must be the one that they put under your skin and lasts forever.
  • Black blue: dear Sir/Madam, it is blue or black, can't be both at the same time, you silly!
  • Mountain blue: and what about the Valley blue?
  • Faraway blue:I'm in shock, how can they match a colour with an abstract concept? Please, any Earth being with an explanation? It's just like asking who do clouds smell?
  • Placid blue: what the...! Faraway, placid, oh, come on!
  •  Amparo blue: my neighbour's blue. I want a blue of my own!
  • Deep lake blue: not the same as the pond blue, don't mix them up!
  •  Celestial blue: for the deities sake!
Next Sunday a new chapter of Adventures and misfortunes of a crocheter in a cruise. Don't miss it!
That’s all for today which is no small thing!
Catch you next Sunday!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...